WG: [MPlayer-cygwin] Qtx support under Windows? NODAEMON

Stefan Gürtler helfmir at surfeu.de
Wed Jan 12 17:19:33 CET 2005

Stefan Gürtler schrieb:

> I'm RTFMing far too many Windows users today.  Is that because
>
> - Windows users don't RTFM
> - Windows MPlayer docs are too hard to find
> - both of the above
>
> Please tell me how to improve this situation, I'll gladly update the
> website and documentation with your suggestions.
>
> Diego

  I think that normal windows user rarly ever read something more than a
  faq. ( I would not doublt that some - most? - everen never have done
  that. So pass a faq file with every binary form mplayers ftp server.
  The FAQ should state the FAQs, and explicitely point out the data
  resources like e.g. the online documentation and the README file.
  Maybe creating an "installer" which only functions are - ask where to
  extract and open the FAQ - would help to make the windows user have at
  least a place to start searching if they want to help themselfes.
  If one build his mplayer by himself, he proved that he was able to RTFM.
  If one with precompiled binary and basic questions answered in the FAQ
  comes along, we can flame him even better :)
  And if this were a forum, i would put up a sticky thread. The entrance
  to this mailing list is the page
  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/info.html#mailing_lists
  So put a link to the FAQ there that is more attraktiv for the one
  seeking for help than having to sign up for this mailing list. Signing
  up is something, that at least I do not do willingly, just as a last
  resourt when everything else has faild. Therefore I would reverse my
  browser to the place of the faq and try to find my solution there before
  giving away my email address once more to get even more spam.

  Stefan

P.S. The mail filter defenitly dislikes me!