[MPlayer-cygwin] compile the libs on mingw

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Jan 2 18:04:34 CET 2005

On Sunday 02 January 2005 17:47, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > I failed to compile internal tremor under MinGW (as of january 1st.
> > > 2005), i had to disable it.
> >
> > Fixed. Current cvs still won't compile due to an undefined reference in
> > ao_pcm.c
> > Replacing strndup with strdup should work, though.
> > Not sure if this one occurens of strndup is worth a new file in osdep/
>
> I fixed that. Replacing strndup with strdup will definitely not work at
> all.

Thanks.

> > Step 2 directx headers
> > Get the directx header package at
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/dx7headers.tg
> >
> > As alternative you can also use the modified wine headers reimar posted
> > to the cygwin list.
>
> It also contains things like iconv, freetype and some other libs for
> MinGW that I found difficult to get...

For most users this is probably better than compling everything themselves.
Btw, shall I upload it to the win32-beta/contrib dir?

> > Step 2 ogg and vorbis
>
> Now that there is tremor included this shouldn't be necessary anymore...

Hm does the demuxer now work without libogg, too?

> > Step 7 MPlayer
> > For my build I'm using a cvs checkout using cygwin, but cvs snapshots,
> > wincvs or release tarballs should work, too.
> >
> > In the cygwin shell
> > cd to your msys home dir
> >
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
>
> btw. I usually don't use login and it works anyway. Why is this
> necessary?

No idea, copyed from the download page ;) Diego?

> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main
> >
> > When asked for a password, just hit enter. A directory named main will be
> > created.
> >
> > Now checkout ffmpeg
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P main
> >
> > and copy the libavcodec and libavformat dirs from it to the main dir
> > cp -R ffmpeg/libavcodec/ ffmpeg/libavformat/ main/
> >
> > All the sources should be there now.
> >
> > cd main
> > ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --with-codecsdir=codecs
> > --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/username/live (make sure you use
> > the right path for the --with-livelibdir option) make
>
> I don't know if you should recommend --enable-runtime-cpudetection when
> people are building their own version...

Ok, needs some rewording. I only wanted to avoid the "my exe works on one
computer but crashes on another computer" bugreports.
Thanks for the review.