[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Mplayer win32 GUI questions

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Fri Dec 23 14:40:40 CET 2005

Frank Aurich wrote:
 > with Joeys patch ("40.winstuff.patch") from January and the code
above I was able to make it work. If there's interest I can post a
patch, although I will have to dig into diff first :)

 > I'm quite happy it works, but the code is kinda hackish. I tried
integrating the -console switch into MPlayer native parameter parsing
engine, but failed. A) it didn't work and B) it somehow affected MPlayer
being _very_ slow at times.
 > Is there any documentation how the parsing of the command line works?
 > Especially the format of the mplayer_opts[] array in cfg-mplayer.h
would be interesting to know about.
 > How do I give a new commandline parameter a default value? Where gets
decided to change this value (in my case this would be simply from 0
(show no console) to 1 (show console))?

Default values are in cfg-mplayer.h along with the option definition.
The reason it's slow is because throwing away stdout/stderr is much
faster than printing it all.  I found in my early tests of cygwin
MPlayer years ago that making it a non-console app made it fast enough
to use.  So if you're adding it back, you should know what you're doing
and you should understand that.

--Joey