[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Mplayer win32 GUI questions

Erik Lunchpail erik_27can at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 02:15:41 CET 2005

> Since I don't use a GUI though, I'm wondering if it
> is possible to do
> some of the things without the need to use
> --enable-gui at ./configure?
>
> I tried extracting the -console code to integrate it
> into my build, but
> failed horribly. Then again, my knowledge of C is
> fairly bad.
>

> Anyway, it'd be great if there's a way to separate
> GUI code from the
> other enhancements.

Yea it's all quite possible, and in fact I believe
Joey Parrish has a patch in his cygwin builds that
uses AllocConsole(), so you could always look at that
as well.

As far as IPC is concerned, it's not even necessary
with a commandline version of mplayer, unless you
don't like finishing playback of files :) Nonetheless,
a simple message handler is all that's needed if you
want to give it an idle loop and intercept messages.

Regards,
Erik