[MPlayer-cygwin] usage of -wid on windows

Nick nick at savs.net
Sat Apr 30 01:28:38 CEST 2005

> The error where it fails is
> <vo_directx><FATAL ERROR>could not set cooperativelevel for hardwarecheck
> We pass the window handle to the function that sets the cooperation level.
> Maybe it checks if the window handle is valid.
> Are you sure you are passing the correct handle?

That bit works now (passing the window handle as a hex number on the command line, doing directdraw initialisation stuff properly before doing that was my problem. I'm not a windows programmer really), so now mplayer seems to run (though not when the app that spwanv()s it is in debug mode in visual studio... hrmph), but nothing gets displayed on the spawning app's window.

I've been trawling through directx tutorials to see if there's anything additional I need to be doing (if it's anything like SDL, I would have thought not) but obviously apps sharing a window isn't very common so there's not much help around. And directdraw is deprecated or something =)

I'll have to write a howto at the end of this :)

Nick