[MPlayer-cygwin] usage of -wid on windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Apr 28 07:44:20 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 01:51:17PM +1000, nick at savs.net wrote:
> <vo_directx><FATAL ERROR>could not set cooperativelevel for hardwarecheck
> X11 opening display:
> vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
> VO XOverlay need a subdriver
> [gl] Using 4 as slice height (0 means image height).
> X11 opening display:
> vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
> X11 opening display:
> vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
> No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for details)!
> X11 opening display:
> vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!

It tries directx, tries X11 and vidix, then finally settles on:

> VO: [null] 720x576 => 768x576 Mpeg PES
NULL!

So, your copy of MPlayer isn't outputting video at all.

But from command line:
> <vo_directx><INFO>checking primary surface
> <vo_directx><FORMAT PRIMARY>14 BGR32 supported
> <vo_directx><INFO>testing supported overlay pixelformats
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>0 YV12  supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>1 I420  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>2 IYUV  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>3 YVU9  supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>4 YUY2  supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>5 UYVY  supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>6 BGR8  not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>7 RGB15 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>8 BGR15 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>9 RGB16 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>10 BGR16 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>11 RGB24 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>12 BGR24 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>13 RGB32 not supported
> <vo_directx><FORMAT OVERLAY>14 BGR32 not supported
> <vo_directx><INFO>Your card supports 4 of 15 overlayformats
> <vo_directx><INFO>can mirror up down
> <vo_directx><INFO>hardware supports overlay

I think that Visual Studio runs the app from within an environment that
does not give it permission to use DirectX.  Can't explain why this
might be so.  But I see the same behavior on my system if I try to
execute MPlayer (or any other graphical app) when connected to my cygwin
system via ssh.

In any case, -wid isn't even a concern yet.  You have no VO running.

--Joey

--
"There's no blood in your brain?  You're one of the lucky ones." --Chad