[MPlayer-cygwin] [patch] Simple priority support for win32

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Fri Apr 1 00:26:06 CEST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:42:24PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Good point, the question is whether this patch is useful at all in the
> presence of generic and simple ways to adjust priority like task manager
> and the start utility.
>
> Sascha, I'm more and more tempted to reject this patch, but you have the
> final say.  IMO if this gets applied it should be extended to cover
> MEncoder.  In any case some decision should be taken, this is the third
> time at least we are discussing this...

I think it's a good feature and should be included.  It should also be
included in mencoder.  Other encoders I use for windows allow priority
settings, which I find very useful for batch encodes.  And while this
can be accomplished with start, I find it much friendlier as a
command-line option.  I strongly suggest that this be committed (after
alteration to include mencoder.)

--Joey

--
"Living in the complex world of the future is somewhat
like having bees live in your head.  But, there they are."