[MPlayer-cygwin] Does mplayer support DxVA?

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Thu Sep 23 18:47:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have been asking questions and reading up on how to
use the DxVA support.

A helpful post on microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video
said that "the VMRs (Video Mixing Renderers) support DXVA
Deinterlacing automatically if the renderer is fed VideoInfo2
samples and the video is interlaced."

I have since learned latest version, VMR9, has an interface called
IAMVideoAccelerator, which provides user mode access to DirectX VA
functionality on a hardware device. More details on this interface
are at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/directshow/htm/iamvideoaccelerat
orinterface.asp
including this guide for decoders
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/directshow/htm/howdecodersuseiamvideoacc
elerator.asp

Does this mean that the MPEG decoder used by mplayer (it is
ffmpeg/libavcodec, right?) will have to be modified
to use DxVA and not mplayer itself? If so, I will start
looking at that now.

Thanks,
Harshal