[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer On windows support multi-monitor?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Wed Oct 27 21:33:15 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 08:19, Rune Petersen wrote:
> Hi Anton,
> It was late, I skimmed your patch and assumed that you did add
> monitor-switching.
> wont happend again... at least nog for a few days.
>
> But since I brought up this problem with adding monitor-switching are
> there any oppinions on how we do this best in mplayer?

I would say this is not easily possible/worth implementing some ugly hack. I
don't think directx will ever support the border case when parts of the
window can be see on both windows as it would have to divide the overlay
between the two cards. Therefore we would have to create overlays on both
cards and handle this. Format negotiation is even worse. You also need to
think about the different overlay limitation. Some cards can only scale
up/down to certain sizes etc.

If you want to move the window from monitor to the other while playing
use -vo directx:noaccel