[MPlayer-cygwin] MeWiG - new release/features

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hco at gmx.de
Tue Oct 26 10:27:54 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,

MeWiG, a Windows GUI for the MEncoder has reached version 0.007.

Since Ver. 0.004 (the last time I annouced here), following new features
were implemented:

- Progress-bars (no dos-boxes anymore)
- Auto-cropping (uses "-vf cropdetect")
- Resampling audio ("-srate")
- Auto-scaling (reads resolution and aspect of video, if existant and
calcs a resolution having 1:1 aspect. Can be aligned to multiples of 16,
for encoder compatibility.)
- Support for local dvd-structures ( = output of a ripper or authoring
software)
- XviD-support (rudimentary yet)
- Audio extraction ("-ao pcm" and "-dumpaudio")
- Ffmpeg encoding for audio (adds mp2 and ac3 output)
- Leveling volume of soundtrack while encoding ("-af volume")

You can grab MeWiG 0.007 at http://mewig.sf.net

Please let me know, if you encounter problems, find it usefull or want a
feature to be set on the wishlist.

wbr,
Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff