[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: Need help with ReplayTV mpeg Closed Captioning

Wen-King Su wen-king at myri.com
Fri Oct 22 20:41:46 CEST 2004

Hello Sascha,

Thank you for the new zip.  Everything works now.  I am attaching a new
patch with doxygen style comments.

 >> +    static int normal_cc = 0;
 > Is static really needed here?

In one way of storing downloaded Replay mpeg on DVD, the DVD-style CC
records are created from the Replay-style records, and inserted into
the mpeg without removing the Replay-style records.  That is possible
because there are many places in an mpeg stream where an user_data
structure is legal and CC and ReplayTV put their user_data structure at
different places.

Such an mpeg contains both streams of CC records.  A DVD disc
containing such an mpeg can be played on some DVD players with CC
showing, and when loaded in a computer DVD drive, can be streamed back
to a ReplayTV with CC showing as well.  Each will ignore the other's CC
stream.

With a modified mplayer that recognizes both formats, I need a way to
turn one stream off when both are present.  The variable "normal_cc" is
there so that as soon as one DVD-style CC record is seen, mplayer will
ignore replay style CC for the rest of the mpeg stream.  It has to be
static because it has to persist from one invocation of the function to
the next.
                                                                - Wen