[MPlayer-cygwin] Using third-party MPEG decoders

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Oct 14 18:17:07 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:04, Chhaya, Harshal wrote:

> > I don't know how these work, but I thought it will directly
> > display the decoded picture, in this case they can't be used by
> > MPlayer. If we could find one of these dlls with the neccessary
> > info on the ftp, maybe we could tell then what they are really doing.
>
> Sascha,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I have uploaded two DvVA-enabled different decoders on the ftp
> site - CinemasterVideo_bin.DLL and ivivideo.ax. There
> is a CinemasterVideo.DLL too but I am not sure if I tranferred
> it in 'binary' mode.
>
> It will be really useful to know if mplayer can use these
> decoders under Windows.
>
> If you need any more details, please let me know.

Ok, it really seems as the decoder needs to take care of the directdraw
sourfaces, and the dlls can't be used with current MPlayer.
Therefore I think it would be the best to create a vo similar to xvmc.
Unfortunatelly, we are lacking documentation/sample code for this.
Looks like you have to use closedsource players or switch to linux, when
you want to use the hardware decoding features of your card.