[MPlayer-cygwin] questions about ao_dsound

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 11 18:00:09 CEST 2004

Alright, here's two changes I'm about to make to ao_dsound.c. Please
let me know if there's a serious reason why I shouldn't do this:

* integrate the function write_buffer() into play(). IMHO there's no
need for an extra function for this, since there's no danger of
play() getting too big or complicated (it has 2 lines now). Also I
avoid having to pass too many parameters to write_buffer() when I do
the multichannel sorting.

* create a (secondary) stream buffer, from which the sound is played.
This is recommended (intended?) MS behavior, and I'm surprised it
even works the way things are now ;-) There's no downside to changing
this at all, because DirectSound will automagically choose the
fastest way to play the stream.

So, I see no downsides in these changes, but just in case I didn't
see any serious points against them, please let me know! Otherwise
I'll start working on it (not only this of course, these are only the
bigger changes, not the additions).

Florian