[MPlayer-cygwin] setting aid on the fly

Alexander Turcic alexander at turcic.com
Fri Oct 8 08:37:07 CEST 2004

Joey,

Did you have a look at the MoviX project?
http://movix.sourceforge.net/

It is based on Mplayer, and it appears to support audio id switch at
runtime. From http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/movix/MoviX/NEWS?rev=1.18&view=auto
:
  New cool MPlayer features

  The MPlayer binary bundled with MoviX contains now many cool features,
  mainly imported thanks the GeexBox project, namely:

  - subtitles 'on the fly' switch
  - audio track 'on the fly' switch
  - possibility to start DVD,VCD,AudioCD directly from within the MPlayer menu
  - support for MPlayer menu even while an audio-only file is playing
  - support for songs info while an audio-only file is playing

 Wouldn't that be our solution? MovieX is open-source and GPL.