[MPlayer-cygwin] Change priority to realtime in windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Oct 5 22:15:51 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 07:33:22PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> >IMHO, "time critical" is helpful, but not so aggressive that it even
> >needs to be optional.  I do this in my packages.  With this priority,
> >MPlayer gets preference over other normal apps, but will still defer CPU
> >time to critical OS tasks.
>
> It gave problems for some users nevertheless. And I already posted a
> patch that does something like this once, but nobody cared to make it an
> option.
> I'm also not sure if THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL exists on e.g. win98
> can someone check? And last but not least I'm not too sure if raising
> thread priority will help enough - I might test if I ever boot into
> Windows again ;-)

I believe that time critical doesn't exist on win98.  It'll still run on
win98, that statement will just fail.  But again, I think that realtime
priority is a bad idea.

--Joey

--
"The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe
in it.  Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe