[MPlayer-cygwin] get_path cygwin

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Tue Nov 30 17:36:44 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 12:21:41PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Joey Parrish writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 08:24:08PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > Apparently this would be a desirable feature for Mac OS X as well to build
> > > an app bundle (or whatever it's called), see the thread on dev-eng.
> >
> > Well, OSX has to do it a different way than Windows anyway.
>
> Not quite, just look at the thread

By which I meant a different API to find the executable location.

> Apparently we have at least three platforms that could
> benefit from loading configuration etc files from a path relative to
> the executable, namely MinGW, Mac OS X, Cygwin and possibly others.
> This is not a tweak for one package on one architecture so it's
> definitely worth putting in CVS IMO.

Fair enough.

So, how about a configure-time option to use paths relative to
executable location?  And for platforms with no support for this,
configure can fail if enabled.  This option should be disabled by
default, IMO.

Sound good?  If so, I'll be on it in a couple days, with support for
MinGW/Cygwin and Linux in the first commit.  OSX folks can add support
for that afterward.

--Joey

--
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return." -- Darth Vader