[MPlayer-cygwin] get_path cygwin

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Nov 28 02:04:29 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 11:57:44PM -0500, compn wrote:
> trying to build my own cygwin mplayer, and cant figure the path
> part, mplayer keeps trying to load codecs.conf from a diff dir than
> i want it to.
>
> e.g. my mplayer returns
> get_path('input.conf') -> '/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/resu/.mplayer/input.conf'
> Can't open input config file /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/resu/.mplayer/input.conf:
> joey's mplayer returns
> Parsing input config file C:\programs\mplayer\input.ini
> Input config file C:\programs\mplayer\input.ini parsed: 44 binds
>

> can joey's get_path be sent into main?
> "hijack get_path in favor of my own version"
> http://mirror-unt.nicewarrior.org/cygmp/20040928/patches-20040928/40.winstuff.patch

Absolutely not.  If you are custom compiling it to run in a cygwin
environment, just specify the data path with configure.  My patch to
look in the executable's directory ONLY makes sense for a packaging
environment where there is no cygwin environment and the installation
location is unknown at compile time.

--Joey

--
Me: "Isn't Kennedy as real as Colonel Sanders?"
Chad: "... Which Kennedy?"