[MPlayer-cygwin] NOVIRUS: ra -> mp3 conversion using mencoder

urjit gokhale urjit_gokhale at persistent.co.in
Wed Nov 3 11:34:38 CET 2004

Hi,

I checked out the mplayer source from the CVS and installed it. The
installation was successful.

To run the mplayer, I first start the cygwin X server and then run the
mplayer. In this case, the output of mplayer (both audio and video) are
jerky
and slow.

if I run mplayer without starting the cygwin X server, mplayer starts with
VO: [null] and AO: [win32] 44100Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (2 bps)
Now the sound is very smooth. I tried -really-quiet and -framedrop switches,
but that didnt help much.
I am unable to understand what settings do I have to make so that I can have
smoothe video playback ?

I am attaching the output files for the two invocaions of mplayer, one with
X server running and other withour X server. I thought this might give you
some more information.

Thanks in advance.

~ Urjit

My system details are as follows:
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 2 GHz
Memory: 512 MB
O.S. : Windows 2000 Professional
mplayer version:   dev-CVS-041014-18:58-3.3.1
cygwin version: 6.8.1.0