[MPlayer-cygwin] vidix and win2k?

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 23:12:55 CET 2004

At 3/26/2004 2:04:00 PM, you wrote:
>Can you add a few printfs to vixInit
>to find out where it fails? I'm not sure but afaik not every mach64 card is
>working with this vidix driver.

i suck with source code :) any examples?

>Should be ok. I'll commit a workaround which works for myself but it seems
>something else is wrong. YUY2
>works while YV12 displays garbage... Trying to fix this first.
>
>Sascha

good luck!

i booted into knoppix on the mach64, was compiling mplayer for a while
until i ran into libdha problems, i guess i cant install it on a ro fs, gotta
install linux, gotta find the smallest distro possible for just installing mplayer
(and X) any ideas?

below is some lspci vv ...

00:13.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT] (rev 48) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
	Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage I/II 215GT [Mach64 GT]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop+ ParErr- Stepping+ SERR- FastB2B-
	Region 0: Memory at 0c000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
	Region 1: I/O ports at ff00 [size=256]
	Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=64K]

also, your latest windows binary isint compiled
with cpu-runtime-detection, so it will be
failing on lots of peoples' systems (like mine!)...

missed ya on irc again! 12noon too ;\