[MPlayer-cygwin] vidix support on Windows XP

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Mar 26 03:00:31 CET 2004

Sascha Sommer writes:
 > current mplayer cvs now supports vidix on windows xp/2000/nt.
 > To make it work you need to configure mplayer with --enable-vidix
 > Then download
 > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/dhahelper.sys
 > and copy it to the libdha/dhahelperwin dir.
 > Open msys console and change to that dir. Then type gcc -o dhasetup.exe
 > dhasetup.c and execute "dhasetup.exe install" as Administrator.

If I run dhasetup.exe as a power user I get the message

  can't find dhahelper.sys

which is hardly accurate, it is in the current directory.  I just
cannot write to the target directory.  A somewhat more clueful error
message would be a good thing.

 > After that you will have to reboot.
 > When your done, copy the .so files from vidix/drivers to the mplayer/vidix
 > dir relative
 > to your mplayer.exe. After that you should be able to play movies with -vo
 > winvidix

Works here with a Matrox G550, good work! :-)

Some problems remain, though.  When I press "f" to switch to
fullscreen mode I get a black screen.  I "Alt-Tab" back to the MinGW
console and then back to the fullscreen MPlayer and the video shows.
I press "f" again and the windowed MPlayer shows only the colorkey.
After pressing "Alt-Tab" twice to switch to the console and back to
the MPlayer window the video shows in the windowed MPlayer...

Diego