[MPlayer-cygwin] vidix and win2k?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Wed Mar 24 10:32:59 CET 2004

> ok, still a couple problems.. lets start with -rdynamic and mingw.
> still gotta comment this out of configure to get mplayer to compile
> (yes, i had --enable-static) is this needed for xanim? i didnt enable
xanim

Dunno. Afaik this option is useless on windows anyway.

> 2nd,i still cant get the win98 rage64 vidix to work, maybe its trying
> at the wrong area? is there a tool like the nvidia register dump? for
rage?
> (its an onboard chip) do you need any more info? (yes, mapdev.vxd is in
system dir)

Can you give mv the output with -v -v -v and without forcing?
Does this card work on linux?

> 3rd. ok, i did the dhasetup install, got mplayer compiled
and --enable-vidix
> it starts up with -vo winvidix, but i get a green/corrupted image, it
jumps around
> tried a couple -vf format=yv12 and-vf format=yuy2 and -vf format=bgr32 ,
it changed
> the color of the green a little but no fix, any ideas? here is
some -v -v -v output :)
> using win2k with a ati aiw radeon 7500ve pci
>

> i'll try it on my nvidia box after i reboot it, which i dont like to do so
it will be a while :)
> is this known to work on agp cards? (riva tnt 16mb agp)

You should have a lot more luck with it as both Riva128 and TNT2 are known
to work under windows.

> [radeon] Found chip: Radeon RV200 QW [Radeon 7500]
> vidixlib: c:/program files/mplayer/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.so probed o'k
> vidixlib: will use c:/program files/mplayer/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.so
driver
> vidixlib: Attempt to initialize driver at: 667C1F10
> unable to map thre requested memory region
Here is the problem. The driver is unable to map the video memory. No wonder
you do not get
an image. Don't worry I'm working on it because I experienced the same with
an radeon with
128MB. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q189327
for a description of the problem.
The solution is to map only the area of videomemory we really need.
Until then you can insert "radeon_ram_size = 16*1024*1024;" in line 1069 of
radeon_vid.c
so that it only maps the first 16MB and not the whole adpater ram.

> [radeon] Video memory = 64Mb
> [radeon] Saved overlay colorkey settings
> [radeon]*** Begin of DRIVER variables dump ***
> [radeon]radeon_mmio_base=050D0000
> [radeon]radeon_mem_base=00000000
> [radeon]radeon_overlay_off=00000000
> [radeon]radeon_ram_size=04000000
> [radeon]video mode: 640x480 at 32
Is this your video mode and is the VideoMemorySize correct???