[MPlayer-cygwin] (almost) native gui on mingw/cygwin

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Mar 13 16:48:48 CET 2004

Szecsi Gabor writes:
 > I would like to know if anyone have succeeded in compiling mplayer with
 > gui? I have found a project called libw11
 > (http://libw11.sourceforge.net) which is an X wrapper for native windows
 > gdi calls. There are several win32 ports of gtk also, so i think we
 > should give it a try. So far I haven't succeeded, but still trying...
 > Anyway, I have made a nice graphical frontend for mlayer, and made a
 > full installation package. I think you should give it a try, very easy
 > to use. U can find here: http://www.extra.hu/deje

Looks quite nice, there are still a few bugs, though.

1) Although I selected English while installing it starts up in Hungarian.
2) If I press start, the stop button appears to the left of the start button
   and is labeled in Hungarian.
3) If I press the playlist button twice the lower part of the window
   disappears.  Unfortunately the start button is in the lower part of
   the window.
4) Settings --> Audio is not completely translated.

Diego