[MPlayer-cygwin] Problems compiling mencoder with MinGW + crashes

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon Jun 21 16:45:40 CEST 2004

> > Ooops. RahXephon.avi's height is not modolo 16 (352 x 236). Maybe that
> keeps
> > lavc from encoding?
>
> When encoding with mencoder from 20040620 compiled under linux
> (without --enable-static), i can throw any command line to mencoder and it
> will encode RahXephon.avi, no matter wether resolution is modolo 16 or
not.
> So looks like libavcodec is broken when compiled under MinGW.

The problem could be sse. Arpi told me that he encounter many crashes
when encoding on windows. I don't have a sse capable system by hand
right now, but I disabled sse on Friday. Could you please compile current
cvs with --enable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-debug=3 and make a gdb
backtrace as described in the DOCS?