[MPlayer-cygwin] iconv and slave mode issues

Szecsi Gabor deje at miki.hu
Sat Jun 19 18:00:15 CEST 2004

Hi

Strange: with the newest cygwin packages I cannot get mplayer compile
- it complains about missing function (_iconv_close and such) in the
iconv package during linking. Does anyone have the same issue?

Other: I have found that slave mode cannot work with MinGW
compilation. If I tweak mplayer.c and disable

  mp_input_add_cmd_fd(0,0,mp_input_win32_slave_cmd_func,NULL);

in order to use the standard read function instead of the windows
console functions, slave mode works, but movie is paused always.
I dont't know the inners of the console functions, but it should be
fixed. I will try.

If slave mode worked, I would improve my mpf frontend with a playtime
gui...

Another suggestion: I think a new mplayer command should be created
like MP_ECHO <param1> for general usage. I need this particulary for
my new gui to enable the control of the gui from mplayer itself. Ie. I
bind "MP_ECHO show" to mouse BTN0 and I will be able to show the gui
window if a user clicks on the play window.

Bye
Deje