[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: mplayer

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Jun 17 00:06:57 CEST 2004

Please do not top-post, thank you.

Rohan Shah writes:
> So can I use my cdrom with mplayer or not? If so, how can this be done?

What did you try?  Nothing?  It helps tremendously if you describe
your failed experiments.

> Also if I want to listen to a real audio stream for example
> rtsp://real.cam.org/live/ckut.ra how do i do this? I have included the
> real audio codecs in the specified directoy before configuring.

Have you _tried_ just doing

mplayer rtsp://real.cam.org/live/ckut.ra

?

May I suggest that you read some of MPlayer's extensive documentation,
there are quite a few examples and most of your questions should be
answered somewhere:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/index.html
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/windows.html
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/manpage.html

If you find the documentation lacking or not newbie-friendly enough,
I'm always happy to hear suggestions and constructive criticism.

Diego