[MPlayer-cygwin] mingw mplayer rar support?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Tue Jun 15 16:53:23 CEST 2004

http://mplayer.sunset-utopia.homeip.net/files/mplayer-win32-dev-cvs20031221.exe

> tested latest build 040518 will not open my rar'd movie (single rar)
> also tested pre3, pre4.

Afair the rarsupport in mplayers codebase is only for subtitles in rar
files.
I also seem to recall that only certain rar versions are supported.

> sascha, are you going to release build instructions or lib source
> that you use to make builds?

I build mplayer streight from the mplayer sources with mingw/msys no extra
patches are needed
./configure --enable-runtimecpudetection --with-codecsdir=codecs --enable-st
atic --enable-debug=3
make

Then I copy the files from the buil tree to the mplayer dir, convert the
manpage with cygwin to html
and strip the exes.
The only difficulty is finding/building the right libs and headers to get
freetype, ogg, lame etc. support and get
them detected by configure.
I maybe try to upload a few packages to contrib when I have a bit more time.