[MPlayer-cygwin] X shared memory extension

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Thu Jun 10 14:06:48 CEST 2004

> SG> By the way, my ~/.mplayer/config only holds framedrop1 and quiet=1.
Skin is
> SG> Blue v, and a font is in ~/.mplayer/fonts.
> SG> I did not get X shared memory extension running. I think i am missing
the
> SG> right CYGWIN environment variable, but i have no time to figure out
what to
> SG> assign to CYGWIN in e.g. .bashrc or cygwin.bat
>
> SG> So much for today.
> SG> Stefan
>
> Install package cygipc at least 2.x
> Then you find a readme describing the usage:
> /usr/share/doc/cygipc-2.x/Readme
>
> Briefly:
> Run ipc-daemon2.exe in console or as service. service is best on xp
> but win98 users should use a bash prompt for it. To do:
> ipc-daemon2.exe --instal-as-service
>
> Cygwin-X readme says xshm will be enabled if ipc-daemon2 is running
> already.
>
> Anyway my cygwin envvar is: binmode ntsec tty server
>
> Bye

I do am using Win98, so no service for me. I have read the Readme that you
have statet, and have started ipc-deamon2.exe in the cygwin bash without
parameters. No error warnings, but still the same error from gmplayer. I
will try to set
CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty server
in my .bashrc then.
NTsec = winNT/2k/XP? Then i will need something else. Where to find info
about this cygwin environment variable?

Stefan