[MPlayer-cygwin] winvidix + high-def file = crash

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Fri Aug 20 14:58:03 CEST 2004

Sascha,

> Can you please do the things described in
> http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_core
> and send us the log.

I will need to setup gdb and cygwin on the PC that I use for playback
so it may take me a day or so to reply with the log.

> Directx is using this hardware acceleration, too.
> I'm not sure if vo winvidix is faster on radeon.
> Afair it wasn't faster for me.

Oh, I didn't know that directx already uses the video
card's capabilities. In that case, what's the benefit
of using winvidix?

As an aside, is there any other video card that is
particularly suited for playing back high-def files?
If that is supported by winvidix, even better.

Thanks,
- Harshal