[MPlayer-cygwin] Problem compiling new mplayer-versions

Erlend Slettevoll slettevo at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Oct 8 15:03:06 CEST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Erlend Slettevoll writes:
>  > However, when I'm running make, I get a message
>  > saying "gcc: unrecognized option '-rdynamic',
>
> I've been wondering about this one for some time.  Is it relevant
> enough to remove it from configure for Cygwin/MinGW?  What does it do?

I got so frustrated that I removed the entire cygwin-installation, and
reinstalled the whole thing. Now it seems to work. I don't understand why,
though, since my last installation was just installed with current
cygwin-packages a week ago or so. Also very strange that I was able to
compile 0.94 and 1.0 pre1.

>  > then lots of lines similar
>  > to 'libvo/libvo.a(vo_gl2.o)(.text+0x3bd):vo_gl2.c: undefined reference to
>  > `_glGetString'', then finally "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" and
>  > "make: *** [mplayer] Error1"
>
> This is far too little information, have a look at
> DOCS/en/bugreports.html and try configuring with --disable-gl.

I know. Tried to compile with debug enabled too, but it didn't give me any
more relevant information. Now it's too late, though, since it's working
:) (I didn't compile with GL-support, so that wasn't causing the problem)

--Erlend