[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll - .rm workwith codec-dlls form RealProducer Basic 9.0.1

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon May 12 13:51:41 CEST 2003

> Hi everybody
> I can proudly announce successing in playing RV40-encoded files on my
> machine, both self-encoded file and movie-trailers from the net!
> I have downloaded and installt the recent Helix Producer Basic 9.0.1 from
> real-networks (Helix_Producer_Basic_9.0.1_Setup.exe) and encoded the given
> sample-file using the following command: "producer -i
> samples\media\sample.avi -o sample.rm"
> I copied the drv43260.dll (and all the other dlls) from \Helix Producer
> Basic\codecs to the \codecs folder of mplayer and started playback
(mplayer
> sample.rm).
> As the file is only 43KB, the picture and sound quality was disastrous,
but
> the drv43260.dll was successfully loaded!
> For the output of mplayer see below.
> Then I tried the two trailers for MIB2 and Blade2, that i have. Playback
of
> these files starts now, smooth and perfect, too!
> Then I moved the dlls that originate from a RealOne-Player that was
> installed on another computer to \codes and tryed again. Now these dlls
> work, too. It looks like that you do have to install either a RealOne or
> Helix Producer to get the dlls working. Looks like they are registered by
> any means at the OS by either softwares.
> To confirm this I began to rename all dlls named drv43260.dll,
rv403260.dll
> and erv43260.dll on my system. So I could figure out that mplayer actually
> loads only the drv43260.dll in \Helix Producer Basic\codecs. It does not
> need any drv43260.dll in \codecs, \windows\system, \windows\system32 or
> anywhere else...
> Now I am searching my registry for an entry for the drv43260.dll.
> That is what i found (Windows98!)
> REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc
> Find Spec MRU]
> "a"=""
> "MRUList"="hadcbjifge"
> "b"="ZyGoVideo.qtx"
> "c"="drv*.dll"
> "d"="*.*"
> "e"="QuickTimeEssentials.qtx"
> "f"="QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx"
> "g"="QuickTime.qts.htcfg"
> "h"="drv43260.dll"
> "i"="3ivx Delta 3.5.qtx"
> "j"="On2_VP3.qtx"
>
> and
> REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_USERS\Stefan\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc
> Find Spec MRU]
> "a"=""
> "MRUList"="hadcbjifge"
> "b"="ZyGoVideo.qtx"
> "c"="drv*.dll"
> "d"="*.*"
> "e"="QuickTimeEssentials.qtx"
> "f"="QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx"
> "g"="QuickTime.qts.htcfg"
> "h"="drv43260.dll"
> "i"="3ivx Delta 3.5.qtx"
> "j"="On2_VP3.qtx"

> [...]

looks more like the log of your last filesearches...
I tryed to find out what is happening with a registry monitor, but it failed
opening
the keys it wanted to open.
More interesting is the log of a filemonitor
438 Mplayer Open C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
OPENEXISTING OPENALWAYS
439 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Offset: 0 Length: 64
440 Mplayer Seek C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Beginning Offset: 224
441 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Offset: 224 Length: 248
442 Mplayer Seek C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Beginning Offset: 224
443 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Offset: 224 Length: 488
444 Mplayer Directory C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
QUERY
445 Mplayer Read C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\CODECS\DRV33260.DLL SUCCESS
Offset: 196608 Length: 1024
446 Mplayer Attributes C:\DOWNLOAD\SAMPLES\REAL\PNCRT.DLL NOTFOUND
GetAttributes
447 Mplayer Attributes C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS GetAttributes
448 Mplayer Directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS QUERY
449 Mplayer Open C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PNCRT.DLL SUCCESS OPENEXISTING OPENALWAYS

Are you able to find out if this pncrt.dll was there before you installed
realproducer?
Maybe we should distribute it together with the other dlls?