[MPlayer-cygwin] [win32] file not playing

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sat Mar 29 20:03:22 CET 2003

> <vo_directx><INFO>using normal cooperativelevel
> <vo_directx><INFO>using singlebuffer overlay
> <vo_directx><ERROR>invalid pixelformat: YV12
> <vo_directx><WARN>can't use overlay mode => switching to nonoverlay
> <vo_directx><INFO>back surface created

Ok the crash is related to a 10l in vo_directx.c
Until I fixed it, you can workaround this by using mplayer -vo
directx:noaccel
The other question is, why overlay creation fails with  "invalid
pixelformat".
As to me this should never happen.
You could also try with -vop format=yuy2 . If it works, this is much faster
than -vo directx:noaccel.

S. Sommer