[MPlayer-cygwin] libdvdread -- play_title.exe sample application

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Wed Jun 18 01:01:09 CEST 2003

Sorry, but this is the wrong list, we are not maintaining libdvdread.
MPlayer has it's own copies of libdvdread and libdvdcss in libmpdvdkit2
You could try to link play_title to libmpdvdkit, but I don't know if this is
possible.
Before you do this, compile mplayer on cygwin and test if you are able to
play the dvd.

Sascha
P.S. Please do not send html mails to this list.
Hi,

I am trying to run libdvdread ( 0.9.4 ) sample play_title.exe on windows xp.

EXE is compiled on cygwin, and uses libdvdcss(1.2.7).

>play_title.exe e: 1 1 1
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
There are 24 chapters in this title.
There are 2 angles in this title.
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss error: read error

what could be wrong?