[MPlayer-cygwin] Re: mplayer postprocessing makes things worseinstead of better?

Frodo hobbit csharprules at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 09:30:43 CET 2003

>I'd think this is probably caused by the automatic black/white calibration
>of
>the postprocessing filters.

So you're saying this is normal??
Why would anyone use postprocessing if it only makes things worse?
This is not just happening on 1 filter. I tried dering, auto levels,
horizontal and vertical blocking
auto quality and each and every one shows these artifacts. Although some are
more visible then others.

>By changing the black level you may also see more artifacts which would
>othereise blend in with the gamma of your crt.
no no no, these artifacts are not in the orginal movie. I looked @ the
original movie with
virtualdub and there's absolutely no artifact there. Its perfectly black.

if you gotta place, then I can upload the sample (7.8 meg) which shows it

Frodo