[MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer probs ...

Gert.Vandelaer at medisearch-int.com Gert.Vandelaer at medisearch-int.com
Wed Sep 4 14:33:41 CEST 2002

Great, it works now ... I added this export to /etc/profile ...
I also got -vo sdl:ggi to work ... but not ggi in itself yet ...
still trying to find out why it claims not being able to open the ggi
config file.

I still do have a problem with -ao sdl (or any other audio output format
for that matter),
If I don't specify -nosound, mplayer hangs, and when I "q" out mplayer I
need to restart the cygwin shell ... is there some way around this ?

Cya,
Gert

                    Bruno Seoane
                    <seoane at atlas.uvigo.es>        To:     mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    mplayer-cygwin-admin at mp        Subject:     Re[2]: [MPlayer-cygwin] compiling mplayer probs ...
                    layerhq.hu

                    04/09/2002 01:38 PM
                    Please respond to
                    mplayer-cygwin

Hello Gert,

GVmic> I tried running mplayer from inside the "/usr/local/lib" directory,
it gave
GVmic> me the help screen .. YES !! ... But now when I try to play a movie
with
GVmic> -vo sdl , mplayer bugs out with fatal error 11, and suggests a
compiler bug
GVmic> of some sort ... ok, no worries, it can happen :)  It did work with
-vo aa
GVmic> though !!

       Try this:

       export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=windib
       mplayer -vo sdl -ao sdl YOUR_OPTIONS

       It will work for sure...

       BTW, has anyone got to work directx sdl videodriver?

       I've tried several win32 directx sdl demos and they do work,
       but mplayer always exits with that error 11 :(

       Regards,
       Bruno