[MPlayer-advusers] mplayer crash when geometry changes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 19:21:21 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 10:50:16AM -0700, David Hollister wrote:
> First off, the system is running Solaris 11.  I always have to make
> a handful of modifications in order to get it to compile, but I've
> never had problems before.  (I can provide all the diffs I have to
> make whenever I update the source if anybody really wants to know).

Unless they are due to not having switched Solaris to the POSIX
environment we would want to fix those issues, yes/

> During my testing, I found that it's only the frame passed in to
> draw_image/draw_slice immediately following the geometry change that
> has the incorrect width and height.  Subsequent frames were correct.

Please provide a sample file.
Also say whether this also happens with -noslices and -vo x11 or -vo gl
or such.

> Any thoughts about whether this is appropriate, or what a proper fix
> would be?  Given this issue, I'm also not sure whether there may be
> similar issues in some of the other VOs.

I doubt there is an issue in the vo at all.
mpi->w and image_width should never differ.
I guess there might be a delayed frame getting stuck, in which case I
would say this is a libavcodec bug if it does not output it.