[MPlayer-advusers] wsx second video problem

Joshua Dillon jvdillon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 05:12:34 CEST 2011

Sorry if this is the wrong list--not sure where to post this...

Wondering if anyone has a fix for this problem:

Cannot watch second, third, etc, streams from a server-side playlist
(ie, .wsx on windows media service). I have tried mplayer, vlc, totem,
and xine. Xine totally fails and the other three play only the first
stream as described. You can verify it works in wine by using Windows
Mediaplayer v10 (`winetricks wmp10` on a clean wine prefix).

The particular example I am dealing with is not an ideal test-case as
they dynamically mangle the stream's URL to prevent leeching. You can
test it by either visiting $URL (below) or from command line:

URL="http://desitvstreams.hotdnsplus.com/Indian/stargold.php"
MMS=$(wget "$URL" -qO- | sed -n '/src="mms/s/.*\(mms:[^"]*\).*/\1/p')
mplayer -v "$MMS"

My research has brought up only two or three random posts citing a
similar problem. All seem to be quite old (circa 2008). The most
relevant is: http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/894724.htm

You will see that mplayer is seeing an EOF and terminating (perhaps
the server is too slow so mplayer's timeout triggers EOF condition?).
I tried fooling with -vid/-aid flags to no avail.

You can grab my output log from:

where I attached the output from:
mplayer -msglevel all=9 "$MMS" &>mplayer.output

Cheers,
Josh

--
Joshua V. Dillon
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology