[MPlayer-advusers] mencoder reads wrong frame rate flag fromQuicktime files

Dominic Bird dominic at theark.uk.com
Mon Jul 26 16:51:23 CEST 2010

Personally the only problem im having is the frame rate being read incorrectly with the mov demuxer. Everything else works perfectly (binary codecs/prores/dvcpro hd/xdcam anything I throw at it) so not sure if much needs changing. I know what the actual problem is as I've been chatting to the guys from mediainfo about it.

Basically when MediaInfo or the MOV demuxer from mencoder sees VFR flagged they seem to take an average of first/middle/last frame rates. With ProRes HD files they are VFR because the first and last frames are VFR, but the rest are constant, so it should just take the mean fps and all would be solved :)