[MPlayer-advusers] mencoder reads wrong frame rate flag fromQuicktime files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 21:33:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 05:58:55PM +0100, Dominic Bird wrote:
> I've raised a bug for this on mplayer bug list and posted on here.
> Doesnt seem to be much going on. Is there any chance of this being fixed
> in the mov demuxer or lavf being able to use binary codecs?

Please use a mailer with proper quoting, neither top-posting nor
putting the reply somewhere where nobody can find it because it looks
exactly like the quoted text is any good.
I can't test it because the decoder does not work at all for me on Linux
(though it might just be that the qthtml.dll etc. files from the codec
pack are too old for that codec), but here's a patch that builds a
similar imagedesc with -demuxer lavf.
MPlayer will print a hexdump of that data, the differences between
the one with -demuxer mov and -demuxer lavf should be trivial to see,
if it does not work it's just a matter of finding out which other fields
need to be filled in.
I'd assume at least the "vendor" is necessary in addition.