[MPlayer-advusers] mencoder reads wrong frame rate flag from Quicktime files

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 18:01:15 CEST 2010

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 15:12:48 +0100, Dominic Bird wrote:
>Mencoder reads this as 15.984fps. If I force it using the -fps 23.976
>mencoder -demuxer mov \\xxx\testmovhd2398.mov -o \\xxx\testmovhd2398.flv

why not using -demuxer lavf? does -demuxer lavf give correct fps?
what mencoder version? what programs can output the correct fps in
a vfr file? quicktime / fcp.. anything else? it looks like mediainfo
rounds the fps or just gets it wrong (24.014). is the correct fps stored
in the mov container in an atom or something?

a sample vfr file (if we dont already have one in
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/mov/ ) would be useful.

also, this mailing list is for patches/development not bugreports/user
questions. use mencoder-users list or mplayer-users list in the future.

-compn