[MPlayer-advusers] [BUGREPORT] Hang on XvMC uninit

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 02:33:56 CET 2009

Here's a slightly annoying one...

-vo xvmc:queue has the unfortunate habit of hanging MPlayer indefinitely
when you seek past the end of the file.  At least, that's what I'm
seeing with an NVidia Geforce440MX and either the 71.86.06 or
96.43.07 drivers on Linux 2.6.24.5-smp.  It's reproducable about 40% of
the time.

The kicker is that this ONLY happens with -nocache...  Using ANY cache
value has, so far, been an effective workaround for this bug.  Of
course, using noqueue works as well, but then xvmc:bobdeint turns my
1080i video into a studdering, jumpy mess.

gdb log attached.  I start mplayer, then "seek 600" 4 times to seek
past EOF (causing the hang), then hit ^C and run the backtrace.

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!