[MPlayer-advusers] Bug 1388 in the demuxer

HennR discodestroyer at gmx.net
Thu Feb 19 16:51:10 CET 2009

Hi there, I already reported this bug in the bugtracker one month again
but Roberto Togni does not change the status and does not reply to my mail.

So here is my report again for all of you ;)

I am using MPlayer dev-SVN-r28234-4.3.2 (compiled it myself, but I
have the same problems with the packaged mplayer)

That's my system:

Debian unstable (sidux, amd64 not IA64)
2.6.28 Kernel
libc 2.7
ggc 4.3.3
ld 2.18
as 2.18
Intel Core 2 Duo T8100
Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics
Controller
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller

When I try to demux an audio stream (6 channels) from DVDs that I ripped
to my HD, some of the streams from the DVDs have the length of 1h 7m and
37 secs or of 1m and 25 secs.

When I only extract 2 channels everything is ok. I have also the correct
sound length when I open the DVD on the HD like this (with 2 channels):
smplayer /path/to/dvd/on/my/HD

I tested 2 DVDs with different options, here are my results:

Basically I used the following options:

mplayer -nolirc -nocache -noframedrop -noconfig all -mc 0 -vc dummy -vo
null -ao pcm:waveheader:file=/tmp/fifo.129 -srate 44100 -af
volnorm=1,lavcresample=44100 -channels 2 -aid 129 -dvd-device
"/path/to/my/DVD/on/my/HD/" dvd://1

I opened the output of mplayer while it was still demuxing (while) and
after mplayer was finished (after) and used sound streams 128 and 129:

DVD 1:

* 6 channels without srate option (48Khz to 44kHz):

128:

while: 1,7,37
after: 1,25

129: not tested

* 2 channles with srate option (48kHz to 44kHz):

128:

while: 3:22:53 (console output of mplayer shows 2.16.41)
NOTE: smplayer /path/to/dvd shows also 2:16:41, so this should be the
correct
time

after: 2:16.41

same thing with 129

DVD 2:

6 channels with srate option:

128:

while: 1,7,37
after: 1,25

129:

while: 1.7.37
after: 1,25

I you want me to do anything, if you need output of mplayer or something
then just let me know.

BTW: A friend of mine has a similar problem with a DVD at the sound
position 3 h and 6 min with 2 audio channels on a 64 bit system.

Another friend demuxed the same DVD on his 32 bit system and his sound
is ok.
So this might be a 64 bit system issue.

Thanks for your good work!

HennR