[MPlayer-advusers] Dirac demuxing A/V sync loss

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Sat Oct 18 21:58:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 18 October 2008 12:10, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> Time to report a bug to FFmpeg/Anuradha then?

Done. I submitted to ffmpeg's bugzilla:
https://[scrambled].mplayerhq.hu/[scrambled]/ffmpeg/issue694

I hope, this is a right way. ffmpeg-users seems to be not intended
for bugreporting and I will be definitely blamed on devel list
with a bugreport instead of a patch 8-).

Well, I sincerely tried to fix this myself, but currently I gave
up. Dirac's codec doesn't set has_b_frames at all. A quick
overview of dirac's specification revealed, that it is a bad idea
to always set has_b_frames=1 either: dirac allows to create video
without B-frames at all (e.g. Dirac Pro). And Dirac's
specification in 136 pages + documentation of the library seems to
be too much to fix this issue relatively easily with zero a priori
knowledge of Dirac codec.

--
Best regards,
Andrew