[MPlayer-advusers] xvidix broken on Radeon

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Wed Oct 15 20:51:15 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 19:38, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> It is very weird that cvidix works for you.

Well, it worked with the old 9600, the X800 doesn't so far. I had hacked cvidix
to always use 1600x1200 (my display's resolution, and the resolution radeonfb
ran at) which produced a strange flickering image with the default text mode
(which the display shows as 800x600). Removing this hack or changing to 800x600
shows the same as xvidix now. I guess I have to try the 9600 again, to see if
xvidix works there now.

> I assume you tested the standard stuff like -nocolorkey etc.?

I've tried everything I can think of. -nocolorkey makes the window black
instead of green. -nodouble makes the flickering go away, and the corrupted
image is static (photo attached). Anything else I should try?

Best regards,
Christian Ohm