[MPlayer-advusers] xvidix broken on Radeon

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Wed Oct 15 20:25:46 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 19:29, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> Xvidix on radeon seems to be broken indeed. I'll try to find out why and when
> it broke. Unfortunatelly I do not know if your new card will work with vidix.

As I said, I don't think some change in xvidix itself broke it, but some change
in the X driver.

> It is also possible that
> a) newer cards no longer contain the overlay unit
> b) newer cards require different programming.

The X800 is a R400, which should be quite similar to the R300s and still has
the overlay unit. I don't know about the programming, but the PCI ID
(1002:5d4f) is in some vidix file, so I guess the card should work.

Best regards,
Christian Ohm