[MPlayer-advusers] xvidix broken on Radeon

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Wed Oct 15 19:51:28 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, 15 October 2008 at 20:12, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 19:08 +0200, Christian Ohm wrote:
> > No answers in two weeks... Does xvidix work for everyone else? Is there some
> It fails to work for a lot of people. Is using another VO a problem?

Well, xvidix is one of the two (X11) VOs which show movies without tearing for
me. The other one is -vo sdl, which has its own share of problems:

- Doesn't recognize shift as modifier
- Doesn't keep aspect ratio when resizing the window
- Doesn't allow changing desktops in fullscreen mode.

Xv tears sometimes, not that often, but it's noticeable. Gl does as well, even
though I've activated the vsync option in driconf.  Perhaps I can get cvidix
working again, when I find a kernel patch that makes radeonfb recognize the
X800GTO.

Best regards,
Christian Ohm