[MPlayer-advusers] dumpstream: bails out on retriable errors

klchxbec klchxbec at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 07:41:49 CET 2008

--- On Thu, 6/3/08, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> What OS is this? EAGAIN is always an invalid value for
> errno except
> when the file descriptor is set to nonblocking mode. EINTR
> is invalid
> unless a signal handler is installed and the corresponding
> signal
> occurred. Neither of these should be the case for MPlayer..
>
> BTW, posting a bug report without info on your OS is hardly
> the level
> of bug-reporting that merits using advusers...

Apologies for not mentioning the OS. The reason is that I see
this happen on at least two OSs :

SUSE Linux 10.0 as well as HPUX 11.23

After I added the retry check for EAGAIN, I do not see the
problem of aborting dumps.

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/