[MPlayer-advusers] mplayer aborts with -nosound

Bob Bell b_mplayer at thebellsplace.com
Tue Feb 12 16:34:21 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 01:00:55PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il Saturday 09 February 2008 21:48:36 Bob Bell ha scritto:
> > >
> > >It does indeed.
> >
> > It did some extra poking.  The demuxer looks for a series of three
> > timestamps at three spots: the beginning of the file, the middle of the
> > file, and the end of the file.  At the beginning there's no problem.
> > However, for my primary test in the middle the timestamps are at offsets
> > of 215040, 583680, and 931840 bytes.  Bumping to TIMESTAMP_PROBE_LEN
> > therefore *barely* catches this case.
> >
> > I was thinking, might it not make more sense to reset the probe length
> > every time a timestamp was found?  The patch below implements that and
> > also works with my testing.
> >

> it doesn't work like the current code: the intent is to verify if the
> delta_pts is ~ proportional to the delta_space, but if you stretch the
> space the result will be bogus. Correct me if I'm wrong

Honestly, I don't know.  I'm brand new to the code base and was just
diving in trying to make mplayer work for me so that I can rip some DVDs
to XviD.  It appears that the focus is on getting three timestamps where
the values in the timestamps are within a certain range, and that the
number of bytes needed to achieve that is just a wild guess.  That range
needs to be enlarged; do it whatever way you think makes the most sense.

--
Bob Bell