[MPlayer-advusers] mplayer aborts with -nosound

Bob Bell b_mplayer at thebellsplace.com
Sat Feb 9 03:11:37 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 02:37:33PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> On Friday 08 February 2008 03:25:34 Bob Bell wrote:
> > Thank you in advance.  I look forward to working with you to
> > resolve this issue!
>

> I'll check your patch tonight or tomorrow

Hmm, well, don't expect too much.  It's a "gets me by for now" type of
thing, but I doubt it's the right solution.

The algorithmic change I made was: if the calculated position is over
90% of the way through (arbitrarily picked to represent "close to the
end but not at the end"), then start from the middle of the file instead
and use the normal correction steps to arrive at the right position.

It does seem to work, but it's pretty yucky.  Hopefully someone with
more knowledge of the code can make something a little nicer.

--
Bob Bell