[MPlayer-advusers] E-RTSP protocol? [sample stream]

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Apr 10 10:38:29 CEST 2008

Hi.

A colleague of mine asked if it's possible to play E-RTSP streams
on Linux. I took a cursory look at the sample he pointed me to
and it looks like an extension(?) of RTSP to provide for presentations,
i.e. there are additional non-AV streams sent along. I assume they contain
the slides. There's some Windows/MacOSX-only "plugin" to receive those,
but openRTSP from live555 seems to "almost" get at least the audio and the
video.

Anyway, here's a website with many such streams:
http://petascale.theacesbuilding.com/

Hopefully, someone will be able to make it work with MPlayer.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org