[MPlayer-advusers] r25874 broke raw MOV demuxing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 3 03:45:33 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 04:00:16PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 00:41:57 +0200
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > A better and more general solution is to overwrite the middle with
> > zero bytes and only leave 5mb at the begin and 5mb at the end.
>
> Clever trick.  Somewhat more involved though.

Yes but it works in cases where your suggestions dont, for example if
the file rewriting makes the bug disapear. Also it works with non mov
files like avi.

[...]

Frequently ignored awnser#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.